Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Things I'm Enthusiastic About Right Now

1) Women for Women International, which matches sponsors with war survivors who are struggling to rebuild their lives.

2) These two t-shirts.

3) This sticker (shout-out to Juniperus for bringing it to my attention). I will be buying one when they're back in stock.

4) "Phantom Queen" perfume oil (another shout-out to Juniperus, who sent me a lovely package full of BPAL imps, is in order here)

5) The cafe which is on a direct bus line from my apartment and has free internet service for customers, as well as a BookCrossing shelf. (Credit goes to Morgan and Bellwether for this one.)

6) Speaking of which, I just learned of a bookcrossing technique that consists of throwing securely Ziploced paperbacks into bodies of water, so that they later wash up elsewhere to be discovered. This, of course, means that I have to try it. I think I might have mentioned that I'm obsessed?

7) This calendar, a rainbow of wet-erase markers, and matching, self-adhesive marker holsters. I think I also might have mentioned my office-supply gluttony? And my need to get my life in order? Well, maybe I can put my vice to good use this time.