Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

News for Medievalists and Military History Buffs

Peter Konieczny has asked that I put in a good word for his News for Medievalists blog: I've just gone over to check it out, and it's a very useful compilation of what's new in medievalism.

Those of you interested in military history also might want to look into De Re Militari: The Society for Medieval Military History and The Medieval Warfare Blog, which also is edited by Mr. Konieczny.