Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Mouse update

This has been a good morning for Mouse. Maybe he is happy with me that I finally woke up before 6am when he wanted me to.

Since the Rodent Incident, Mouse has been jumpy about being off the floor, about sitting in my lap, about being picked up, and about seeing my face close to his. But this morning, we have had lap time! We have had a Couch Expedition and a Bed Expedition and a Window-Sill Expedition! We have had snuggling-while-being-held time!

He got a little annoyed when I took out the camera in an attempt to commemorate the event, though. I guess that was pushing things a bit too far. This was the best picture I could manage this morning.

Incidentally, an Anglo-Saxonly gifted friend has decided that Mouse's Germanic Epic Name is Mus Musbana: "Mouse, the Bane (or Slayer) of Mice."