Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

No dice: no mice

Mouse's vigilance was to no avail last night: the mice are safe for another 12 hours, it would seem. But there can be no mistake that there are rodenty things living behind the stove in my kitchen. Not only has Mouse caught one already, and not only have I heard them now, but two small tomatoes went missing from the counter next to the stove overnight.

Mouse woke me up at about 6am with his squeaky little mewling and was only partially appeased by tuna and treats. He's been very agitated and jumpy all morning: I suspect he's frustrated.