Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Mouse patrol

Mouse is sitting very intently in the far back corner of the kitchen: he's heard another mouse! In fact, a good while after he started patrolling the kitchen perimeter, my weak human ears heard it, too. I think the verminous critters are hanging out behind and/or beneath the stove.

I hate to think how many mice I may have lurking in my kitchen, but if Mouse's success continues, I won't have them around for much longer, however many there are.

Morgan came over to do some grading tonight, and when Mouse started stalking, I was afraid he'd catch and gnaw on something in front of her. But now she's headed home and I'm getting so superlatively tired that I'm going to have to go to bed soon, so I'm worrying he might make a bloody mess all over the carpet while I'm asleep.

Still, I really hope he catches it.