Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Achilles


Achilles on the move Posted by Hello

Some days, I'm more fragile than others. This is turning out to be one of those days.

So I went to the aquarium store down the street and bought myself an Achilles, who's now living in the recently departed Hector's tank.

Achilles is doing a very good job of sulking, just like his namesake, and is refusing to let me take very good pictures of him. But here are two partial views.

Now I have to go grade exams and try to do something about this splitting headache . . . .