Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Two recommendations

1) Yes, it has a goofy name. And yes, it is expensive. But this thing really does work. I have pulled enough fur off of Mouse during the past two days to make a ball the size of my head. What's more, Mouse actually likes being combed with this thing and will let me use it for much longer than he would his old brush. I highly recommend it to you pet owners. Take caution, though: if you buy one of these, make sure to wear old clothes you can throw in the laundry as soon as you're finished. And you might want to take a shower afterward, too. The fur will be all over you.

2) I just released my first Book Crossing book today and plan to release two more tomorrow. It's so much fun! It's also a good way to bribe yourself into getting rid of a few books when your shelves are overflowing.