Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Shoe Friday: Tango, anyone?

Many moons ago, I mentioned the outrageous shoes I wore with the Black Pantsuit of Power at Kalamazoo. Some readers were eager to get a gander at 'em, but I was a little shy, in case they might make me too easily identifiable.

Anyway, I think enough time has probably passed to wipe most people's memories clean and keep me safe, so for that tiny group of you who might still be interested, here they are!

Many thanks to Mr. Helmet, who makes a mighty fine spur-of-the-moment fashion photographer.