Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Craptasticity

Mmmkay. I am miserable with a stupid sickness that is making me achy all over and even more unproductive than ever and keeping me out of the dojang, too. Many, many projects weigh on my shoulders, but I am caught up in body aches, grogginess, periodically finding it hard to breathe, and the need to take three-hour naps on campus when I really should be working or 30-minute naps so I can face the prospect of walking to and boarding the bus. I am not happy right now.

At least I finally got in to the student health facility today and got hold of a competent person who quickly put me on drugs that will make it go away, although they will not actually make me feel any better in the meantime.

All of which is to say that my posting may continue to be nearly nonexistent and not terribly interesting for a while.