Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Quotation meme

Medieval Woman tagged me for a quotation meme with these directions:

"Go here and look through random quotes until you find 5 that you think reflect who you are or what you believe."

Here's what I came up with:

1) "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
--Eric Hoffer

2) "To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state."
--Johan Wolfgang von Goethe

3) "I'm not going to die because I failed as someone else. I'm going to succeed as myself."
--Margaret Cho

4) "Every man serves a useful purpose. A miser, for example, makes a wonderful ancestor."
--Laurence J. Peter

5) "Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance."
--Will Durant

So now I get to tag people: I pick Morgan, Digital Medievalist, Boy Roomie, and anyone else out there who wants to play, too.