Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Magnatunes and medieval music

Check this out: there's a music service called Magnatune which has a small, but very nice medieval music collection available for download. I am excited, since I've been hunting for John Fleagle's World's Bliss for some time and had only occasionally been able to find used CDs selling for $45 or more. I was able to download the album for $8, and I will be able to download as many different versions to as many different machines as I like for 60 days. How cool is that? There's an article on the service posted here, in case you're curious.