Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Huzzah.

Thank God, I've finally turned in grades for the class that ended last week. Now I can start sleeping more than three hours per night--at least for the foreseeable future. That's not to say that I won't still be up too late tonight: I still have to read the assignment I gave my students, make handouts, and figure out what to do during discussion. But I should be able to sleep for at least six hours if I play my cards right.

Which is good, because I definitely am coming down with a sore throat today.

Meanwhile, Geek Boy continues to behave himself just beautifully: he's calling every day to leave me goofy messages. Normally, I might be a teensy bit weirded out by this, because I'd have a hard time understanding why he was so eager. As it is, I figure I'm due, and I've decided I'm going to be just fine with it.