Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Monday, August 08, 2005

What's going on


Busy, busy days at Chez Wiseass. One class has ended (and grades are due within the next couple of days, God help me), another (which meets for two hours every day) has begun, and I'm still working in the archives, too. Oh, and there's that little matter of the dissertation prospectus (one portion of which is already overdue) looming in the background.

Meanwhile, despite all its stupidities, the world of online dating has yielded up one Geek Boy who not only has nice eyes and behaves himself, but also thinks my brain is "sexy" and gave me a stuffed Zombie Bunny on the second date. I am counting no chickens, but I will say that this is quite a pleasant turn of events, thus far.