Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Because you got to represent, you know?



It's the weekend, so now I get to wear the new t-shirts that arrived from the CafePress "Geek" emporium this past week. This is most exciting, because, well, look at those shirts. They're awesome.

Best joke from the Geek shirts?

SITH happens.
If the thought of George Lucas didn't make me feel a bit ill, I might actually have bought one of those.

Second-best joke?

"Without geometry, life is pointless."
If the memory of high school Geometry didn't make me feel a bit ill, I might buy that one, too.

And any medievalist guys who happen to see this might want to check out the "I Shave with Occam's Razor" shirts. They're pretty cool. In fact, I reckon they'd be perfect for the (in)famous Kalamazoo conference dance.*

Speaking of which, since I can no longer wear the "Ancrene Wiseass" shirt without outing myself at K'zoo, I guess I'll have to get to work on the "Margery Has a Posse" one. And oh, yeah, I guess maybe I should send ICMS an abstract or something, too.

-------------------

*And, may I just ask, why has nobody posted an ethnography of that event online? Do they make you take a Vow of Secrecy before you can enter the room? I wouldn't know--I haven't been yet.