Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

This is one guy who actually should quit his day job

I do actually have things to blog about. I could, for example, write about the ridiculous--but extremely cute--polka-dotted rockabilly dress I bought for less than $20, because there's always room for frivolity here at Chez Wiseass. But I'll spare you. Oh, wait: I didn't spare you, after all, did I? Heh.

Anywhoo, settling back in and taking care of all the things that need doing after a month away has been pretty time-consuming. Thanks to everyone who's sent good and encouraging wishes my way. And thanks to those who responded to my last post--I'll be getting to that blogroll clean-up soon.

Meanwhile, here's something to brighten your day: car-phone salesman Paul Potts's winning performance on "Britain's Got Talent" (Hat tip to Owlfish). I just keep watching this and getting goosebumps. Honestly, this almost makes up for all the exploitative crap we see on most of these talent shows.

Watch it here.