Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Commuter Cat

Okay, this is too funny. It even cuts through my pre-trip grump-fest.*

The West Midlands now has its very own feline commuter: a lovely white cat who hops on the Walsall to Wolverhampton line several times a week, disembarking at a block which includes a chippery. Possibly my favorite thing about this article is the look on the photographed kitty's face, which seems to say something along the lines of, "Uh, why are you all in my face with that camera? I'm just trying to take the bus, man!" Classic.

And someone's already sent a brilliant parody in to the I Can Has Cheezburger site.

----------------

*The General has astutely pointed out that I'm prepping for--and stressing over--this trip as much as if I were preparing to take an exam. Which, to be honest, I pretty much am: if I don't bring my academic game face, I may not only seriously hurt my chances of seeing what I need to see, but also make the profs writing letters of support for me look foolish. That would not be okay.