Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Hot Fuzz

It's just possible that people who know me IRL may hear me utter any one of the following catchphrases in the near future:

--"By the power of Grayskull!"

--"I have to water my peace lily."

--"Want anything from the shop?"

--"There is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."

--"Cornetto!"

I apologize in advance to those people. I can only hope that I will not be as obnoxious as I was post-Wayne's World, back in the day.

Anyway, point is: that is one funny movie.