Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Comments are cheerfully given and received here at Chez Wiseass!

Nothing very exciting to report today--just lots of administrative crap getting done and lots of feeling painfully tender pretty much everywhere as a result of yesterday's drubbing.

However, I did finally get around to catching up on the comment threads for about the past week. So, if you posted a response to any of my more recent entries, you might find that I've left you a message in the comments.

I've also seen, pretty much everywhere, that it's National Delurking Week. I've already offered one delurking post and don't want to look too attention-starved, but I also don't want to miss out on all the fun. So I'll just admit that I am attention-starved and invite any readers who've been operating in Stealth Mode to introduce themselves. Say hi, y'all!

(Graphic via Paper Napkin, via Dr. V.)

UPDATE: Although it's been declared "National Delurking Week" by the Unseen Powers who declared it, I am re-declaring it "International Delurking Week" in honor of Australian Gillian Polack and any other lurkers from beyond the States (and no, I really didn't mean for that final phrase to sound like the title of a Lovecraft story--it just happened that way).