Stuff I learned today
1) I don't know how to make a fist (although at least I don't put my thumb on the inside) and I can't punch worth a crap--yet.
2) I kick well, but I've got to stop pointing my toe, or it's going to get broken (too many years of ballet class coming into play there, I think).
3) My flexibility is still pretty decent.
4) My coordination isn't quite as bad as I thought.
5) My reflexes are awful--for now.
6) My perfectionism is literally physical: I don't breathe while I'm trying to learn combinations. The master says I'd better relax, or I'm going to pass out.
7) Once I get over my inhibitions about yelling while hitting things, I like doing it a whole lot.
8) If I stop watching myself to make sure I'm doing it right and trust my body do its thing, I tend to do much better.
9) I felt better walking out than I did going in.
First group lesson is tomorrow: I expect to stick out like a sore thumb, even though I'll be all the way in the back, but what the hell? I've got to start somewhere, right?