Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

2006

Some of you have a while left until New Year's Day and some of you have already greeted it: here on Old Home Sod, there are only another 16 minutes of 2005 left.

I'm hoping my 2006 will include more ups and fewer downs than 2005 did. I'm also hoping that it will be a kinder year for the world: one in which there's less tragedy and more peace. Here's to hoping.

And wherever you are, may 2006 be a good year for you, too.