Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Hey, Lurkers: It's All About You!

Chris Clarke had yet another brilliant idea (and he does have lots of them): "Lurker Day," a day on which all lurkers on any given blog are given the opportunity to show themselves and say howdy. Other people liked this idea and declared it "Lurker Week." I'm jumping on the bandwagon a bit late, partially because I've been feeling poorly of late and partially because I'm afraid that nobody will reply.

But what the hell? Even though I don't have a counter on this site, the numbers that kept ratcheting up on my old blog seemed to indicate at least a couple of lurkers. So I'll embrace my inner Evil Knevil and take a risk. Anybody out there who's reading and hasn't yet found a reason to leave me a comment, feel free to do that here. And I'll cheat a little and expand the invitation to anybody who's commented in the past but hasn't for a while.

C'mon, y'all. Reward my curiosity and make my day, all at once! Tell me a little something about yourselves and how you stumbled across my little patch of e-real estate.