Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Monday, March 13, 2006

It's time for . . . plagiarism!

Yep. I caught one.

I asked my students to do a creative piece, and one of them did a rewrite of a text I happen to know quite well without acknowledging the source. Given, what this student turned in to me is only a draft, but it's still a formal assignment, insofar as it was turned it in to me with the expectation of receiving credit.

Oh, why do they do these things when it's so easy to avoid doing them?