Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Friday, January 20, 2006

A plea to my medievalist readers, in particular

Hi there, folks.

I promise to get back to the responses in that last post (which have been exceptionally helpful already, by the way). And I need to write a quick update on this week, during which some reasonably interesting and/or important things happened. And I've got some essays brewing in my head about things like movement, gender, and martial arts. And I've been re-thinking the blog for months now, planning to overhaul it and write a sort of mission statement.

But that stuff has to wait, for now. Because I have craploads of things to do with the rest of the day: Mondays and Fridays, especially, are my big writing days for the prospectus.

Now, usually, I avoid writing about My Work (TM), because it tends to infringe on the whole anonymity gestalt. But I'm about to go out of my head trying to find something which I (a) really ought to just know anyway and (b) think I have down on paper somewhere, but can't find.

So: here it is. I know that the medieval English Parliamentary Rolls and Statutes of the Realm have been published, but I'll be damned if I can find enough biblographic information on them to actually track down copies. Neither a constellation of library catalog searches or a flurry of Internets-based attempts has uncovered what I need.

Can anybody help me out with this?

Thanks.