Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Seven Songs Meme

Courtesy of Morgan:
A Song Meme: "List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your Livejournal along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to."

So. I am violating the instructions in two ways because this is not a Livejournal page and because I refuse to tag people who might get annoyed with me because they have other things to do. So I will imitate Morgan in yet another way by inviting people who need a break from whatever they're doing to follow suit and leave a comment to let me know where they posted their results. C'mon: gratify my curiosity. I hardly listen to music anymore and am trying to gradually re-introduce it into my world, so inspire me to buy new albums I can't afford! (Yes, I am an old fud who don't have an iPod, so I still buy entire albums.)

Here are my seven:

1) Tift Merritt, "Trouble Over Me" (from Bramble Rose)
2) Tift Merritt, "Virginia, No One Can Warn You" (Bramble Rose again--it's a good album!)
3) Neko Case, "Set Out Running" (from Furnace Room Lullaby)
4) Loretta Lynn, "Fist City" (from the MCA Best of collection)
5) Steely Dan, "Bablyon Sisters" (from A Decade of Steely Dan)
6) Earth, Wind, and Fire, "Got to Get You Into My Life" (Beatles cover, from The Best of Earth, Wind, and Fire, Vol. 1)
7) "Wayfaring Stranger," traditional