Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Blog Carnivals

Yeah, I'm still up. Got stranded on campus for a bit, but a ride is coming soon.

Meanwhile, courtesy of about half the people on my blogroll, I just thought I'd register the apperance of three really smashing blog carnivals that have appeared lately:

1) Teaching Carnival I (at Thanks for Not Being a Zombie)
2) Teaching Carnival II (at Scribblingwoman)
3) Feminist Carnival I (at Philobiblon)

I'm fascinated both by the contents of these carnivals and by the concept of blog carnivals in general: I just keep getting bowled over by how immensely flexible and innovative the blogging world is.