Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Platonism as applied to accessories, Part 2 of 3


This pair, which is my most recent shoe acquisition, is certainly far less highly ranked on the Scale of Platonic Shoe Beauty.

However, particularly given that they are still reasonably attractive, they do nicely on the Value scale (I got them for $16!), and outstandingly well on the Scale of Shoe Wearability. For it was in these shoes that, on the second day of wear, I was able to help my friends pack a moving van, sometimes while pulling heavy pieces of furniture backwards up a steep ramp on a dolly.