Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Why I love Ed Helms

Via Crooks and Liars, here's last night's Daily Show report from Ed Helms. This is nearly as good as the Keith Olbermann piece I posted yesterday.

Highlights:
Helms: "The president . . . will end up building a billion-dollar dam in Arkansas . . . His plan will be to fight the water there so we don't have to fight it here."

Stewart: "So no one's going to be held accountable for any of this."
Helms: "Uh, no. In fact, if history is any indication, they'll be hard-pressed finding enough medals to pin on these guys. My sources tell me the head of FEMA may actually be dipped in bronze and turned into an award which will then be given to other officials."


And the alphabetical listings of Bush Administration Crises is high-larious.

As a follow-up, Lauren at Feministe has set up a Bush Talking Points Mad Libs post. Awesome.