Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Things I have lost during the past two weeks

  • A watch (returned)
  • My jump drive (eventually found again)
  • My glasses
  • My nice orange water-bottle
  • A lot of sleep
  • Portions of my sanity
  • Focus
Right now, I'm missing the glasses the most. Trying to read tiny broadside ballad text on little sleep is bad enough. Trying to read it on little sleep and without glasses is awful.

The worst thing about how unbelievably hectic my schedule is right now is not that it's forcing me into the kind of absent-mindedness that produces lost items. It is that I don't even have time to stop and look for things when I notice they're missing. I just have to hope that they get returned to me or turn up, one way or another.