Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Twisted

I interrupt my own dismal and annoying ramblings to tell you that, if you're not reading the brilliant, high-larious, and biting prose of Twisty over at I Blame The Patriarchy, you really should be. And here's just one post that explains why.

I swear, just when you think the Forces of Evil can't possibly come up with a new way to make women feel insecure about their bodies, they invent Laser Vaginoplasty. Thank God there's a Twisty to defend us against such depredations with her deadly Snark Attacks.