Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Reconstruction


Cat Nursery Posted by Hello

In case you're wondering what I've been up to, well, here's part of it. It's a nursery for my new cat, Mouse (named thus by his foster mother after his pipsqueak meow). Mouse will be staying in Roomie's bathroom for the first week or so, until he gets acclimated to his new surroundings. You can click on the photo above to see a larger view, if you like.

My cleaning/organizing/decorating streak continues unabated, the highlight so far having occurred two nights ago in a session that lasted until 3am and involved the inhalation of far too many bleach fumes (while cleaning the bathroom). There's sill much to be done, particularly in the areas of closet and patio improvement. Though this one-woman, low-rent, carless version of Weekend Warriors is not healing all wounds, it's slapping Band-Aids on a few of them. At least I feel as though I have some control over one aspect of my life and am doing things to take care of myself and my space. It's also keeping me busy.

And I'll have a new, very affectionate feline companion as of tomorrow evening. I'll post Mouse pictures and more news soon. (The mania can only last for so long.)