Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Sick

Feeling very sick this morning. I'm shaky, headachey, feel feverish, and keep getting chills. I had really weird dreams last night in which I was trying to make connections between cutting steak and parsing sonnets; kept half-consciously remembering what was going on in my life and feeling waves of nausea and fear.

Maybe that dinner was just too much for me. I really hope it will pass: I can't imagine having to lie in bed ill right now. I'm planning to get out of bed and do some things, but I'll try not to drive myself too hard, in case I really do have some bug.