Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A friendly note to the nation's retailers

Please, for the love of God, STOP offering things at massively reduced prices. I know there's a panic over people not having spent as much as usual for the holidays, but consistently seeing things for something like 90% off is killing me! I'm a grad student: this means that I have little money, which means I have a very hard time passing up bargains.

I beg for your mercy. Seriously, raise the prices back to normal levels so I can maintain my awareness that I actually can't afford to buy your stuff.

With thanks,
A. Wiseass