Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Brief thoughts on MLA

I'm deeply pleased not to be there, myself: my impressions weren't all that favorable the one time I went, and it's nice to be here with the folks, instead. But I wish the best of luck to those of you who're there--especially the interviewees. I hope it all goes well, that everyone is lovely to you, and that the room service is marvelous.