Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Show 'n' Tell

I had an unusually successful shopping trip this afternoon, during which I bought cool things very cheaply. A sampling:

1) a marvelously garish Dia de los Muertos votive candle
2) a bottle of holy water
3) that movie that has William Shatner speaking Esperanto in it
4) a movie that has Vincent Price in it
5) an Amy Winehouse CD
6) an Ute Lemper CD
7) four peacock feathers for Mouse to play with
8) three little plants
9) a Hee Haw DVD
10) loads of quiet/trance-y CDs for working or getting into bed at night, none of which cost more than $3.99, and two of which I got free.

Yes, I am gloating.