Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Just for the record . . .

Remember the "cross-training" thing I mentioned before? Well, it works. I'm combining this with loads of to-do lists; a huge, 12-month calendar; and obsessive planner notations. Yes, my life really is just that exciting.

In other news, I'm very tired: I'm trying to wean myself off of the night-owl schedule I prefer and onto a more conventional 7am-11pm kinda thing. It hurts.

The computer is still dead. I guess I was hoping I'd wake up in the morning to find that I was just having a bad dream, but apparently not. (Enter more loan debt, stage right.)

I have a new gym membership, which is a good thing. But I still hate exercising.

I fully realize that this blog has become a bit dull of late. My apologies for that, and my thanks to those of you who're patient enough to keep reading, anyway. The late-lamentedness of my computer and my ongoing concentration on giving my life a makeover are forcing me to cut back on my virtual hours for the time being.