Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

More 'Zoo meet-up news soon

Watch this space for further discussion of the 'Zoo blogger meet-up, an event which promises to be so smashing that it's already induced envious reactions from several of our non-medievalist blogger friends and one bean-spilling clearly calculated to create reciprocal levels of envy.

I will compile a list of possible venues and open them up for voting soon, so if you'd like to add a potential space to the list under consideration, please feel free to do that in the comments below.

Meanwhile, I have fallen under the malign influence of a head cold just as I'm trying to finish up one term, plan for the next, and get a semi-final draft of my prospectus finished. Bleh. So Scott may expect retaliation for his attempt to eclipse the fabulousness of the medieval blogging meet-up in the form of one seriously half-baked dissertation proposal, headed his way within the next few days.