Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

25 Questions

Last seen at Badger's place.

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Wow. I look tired.
2. How much cash do you have on you? $10.00
3. What's a word that rhymes with TEST? Pest
4. planet? Forbidden (Okay, so I think I know about 3 people who'd laugh at that joke. But it's still totally worth it.)
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list? I don't have Caller ID, so I don't know.
6. What is your favorite ring on your phone? "Fugue"
7. What shirt are you wearing? A black cardigan over a black camisole
8. What do you label yourself? Cracker
9. Name the brand of shoes you've recently worn. Cherokee (knockoffs of a style by Born)
10. Bright or Dark Room? Dark
11. What were you doing at midnight last night? Surfing the web in a particularly pointless fashion
12. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? Ah, well, that would have been from Stan: we used to text back and forth every day. So I don't know what it says, but it probably would be a little wrenching, even now.
13. Where is your nearest 7-11? No idea, though I used to live near one I was especially fond of because they played baroque music very loudly over the speakers, even into the parking lot. I think it was meant to calm everybody down, but the effect was usually pretty surreal, especially late at night, when half the people there were drunk.
14. What's a saying that you say a lot? Boy Roomie says it's "I haven't gotten nearly enough done today." He's right. I think I say that more than anything else.
15.Who told you they loved you last? Non-verbally: Mouse. Verbally: Mom
16. Last furry thing you touched? Mouse
17. How many drugs have you done in the past three days? Three: caffeine, sugar, and grain alcohol.
18. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed? None.
19. Favorite age you have been so far? Thirty-two seems like a good number, don't you think?
20. Your worst enemy? Potentially trite, but still true: myself
21. What is your current desktop picture? Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, in honor of my Cousin Wonder Woman
22. What was the last thing you said to someone? "Yeah, Mouse gets really frustrated if you make him run around in circles."
23. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly, which would you choose? A million bucks. True, you could make more in ticket sales, royalties, and syndication rights by being able to fly--not to mention that it'd probably be fun at first--but the kind of attention your ability would get you would be annoying. And keeping it to yourself would be no fun at all.
24. Do you like someone? Yes.
25. The last song you listened to? "Ain't That a Kick in the Head"--Dean Martin