Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Mouse and the Feather Weeble


The Feather Weeble, as I call it, is one of Mouse's favorite toys. It's essentially a little plume of feathers and felt pieces attached to Velcro and then stuck into half of a rubber ball, so he can bat it around and it won't fall over. This makes him very happy. The first two days after I brought the Feather Weeble home, Mouse would carry it from room to room with him in his mouth.

Here, obviously, Mouse is not very happy. He has realized that I intend to point the noisy little box that flashes lights at him. He doesn't like the noisy little box, and he wants me to put it away.

The cool, mouse-shaped scratching post I bought last weekend lurks in the background. Mouse has been steadily ignoring it--in favor of clawing at the carpet--for a week.