Ancrene Wiseass

A would-be medievalist holds forth on academia, teaching, gender politics, blogging, pop culture, critters, and whatever else comes her way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Yes, this really is yet another blog by a disillusioned grad student. I sympathize, but that's just the way it has to be. For hints as to what my bizarre alias means, click here and here and, if needed, here and here. To get a sense of what I'm up to, feel free to check out the sections called "Toward a Wiseass Creed" and "Showings: Some Introductory Wiseassery" in my main blog's left-hand sidebar. Please be aware that spamming, harassing, or otherwise obnoxious comments will be deleted and traced.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

They told me not to run around with carnies . . .

. . . but thank goodness I ignored their advice.

Issue 3 of The Carnival of Feminists is up over at Sour Duck, and I've got an essay in it, as do Twisty, Dr. B., Jill of Feministe, my good friend Dr. V., and loads of people whose work I haven't read before but am delighted to be learning about now.

Head on over there and check it out. Good stuff.

UPDATE: I've also been honored with a spot in Issue 3 of The Teaching Carnival, which contains many excellent posts and a slew of pedagogical resources. Thanks to Scrivener for setting it up!